June 2, 2020
To our Valued Employees, Customers, Suppliers and Shareholders,
To say these last several months have been challenging for us would be an understatement. As the COVID-19 pandemic coursed through New York City, IEH, as an Essential Supplier, remained open and operational. This could not have happened without the dedication, vigilance, and strong commitment to both safety and productivity of our entire workforce. I could not be prouder and more appreciative of each and every one of our IEH team members!
Now that things seem to have settled down, at least for the time being, it is important to share all of the changes we’ve implemented at IEH, and the behaviors we are following going forward, to make certain we remain safe and healthy, while serving our customers, shareholders ,and community. These important changes will help ensure that should another outbreak of the pandemic occur, we will have taken every precaution available, to minimize the possibility of any spread within our walls.
The following outlines the major steps IEH has taken:
- Masks and gloves provided to employees every day
- Disinfectant and wipes to clean workstations at the beginning and end of every shift
- Additional hand sanitizing stations spread throughout the facility
- Multiple signs reminding employees to sanitize, wash hands thoroughly, and to maintain social distancing of at least six (6) feet
- Step ‘n’ Pull’s installed on interior doors, so doorknobs don’t have to be touched
- Enhanced and more frequent cleaning of common surfaces by janitorial staff throughout the day
- Plexiglass partitions between most workstations, and when feasible, safe distances maintained between those that, for production reasons, cannot be partitioned
- Daily Health Questionnaires filled out by each employee
The following are the mandatory behaviors all employees and visitors must follow:
- Masks or appropriate face coverings to be worn at all times
- Social distancing of at least six (6) feet to be maintained
- Frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizing stations
- No sharing of food or beverages
- Disinfecting their workstations at the beginning and end of every shift
Most importantly, all employees must notify their supervisor immediately if they are feeling ill, or exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, including but not limited to:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
If a supervisor observes any of these symptoms from an employee, that employee will immediately be sent home and instructed to visit a doctor or urgent care facility. If they do feel ill before coming in, they are not to come in but instead contact a healthcare provider and inform IEH that they will not be in so that they may see a healthcare provider. If an employee tests positive, they may only return to work at IEH after completing a fourteen (14) day quarantine, and with a doctor’s note confirming they are clear to return to work.
The steps and adjustments listed above may be amended and/or added to in the future, as circumstances change. This is new territory for all of us, and there is no road map. As a result, IEH will continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines as well as the directives of state and local health authorities, and adjust our policies as the situation warrants.
Thank you for your support, and for being with us as we support our customers, employees and community.
And Please, Stay Safe!